Monday 5 November 2018

Descriptive Writing

At the moment in class we have been working on descriptive writing. We have been using pictures to give us ideas of what to write about. Here is a piece of writing I did.

Here is a link to the original work.



Evacuated Hospital




It was a scorching hot day and a bush fire had started. It was spreading lightning fast.
Every worker trying to get the patiences out and safe. No one has been there since. Now here
I am driving down the rocky road to the hospital.


As I drove to into the area of the old hospital I could hear the wind whistling and the Rakau
(Trees) rustling. It looked like there had been a war it was so ruin. There was mold growing up
the walls it had just turned into a disaster. I could smell ash and burnt rakau (Wood) from the
fire. The fire was the reason why the hospital was evacuated.

I started walking in the hospital and the lights flicker. I decide to explore some more. I open a
door and got a life scaring fright from the creek of the door . I don’t want to be here anymore if
I look any further I will scarred for life. I shouldn’t have came.



1 comment:

  1. Hi Phoebe,
    I really enjoyed reading your work. I like the great descriptive langue like,"It was spreading lightning fast." Your next step is probly to describe the hospital a bit better. Ka pai
    -Billie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.