Friday 28 August 2020

Conservation Week Poem

                                                                         Ngā Ika



Poor polluted water as packed with plastic as a rubbish bin 

Sea animals suffering 

Toxic floaties lingering above me

Schools of ika swerving through the sea

Star fish attached to a rock below me


Boats going ZOOM above me

Whistle of waiaua

Little fishes giggling like little kids in a candy store


Deadly Diesel

Obnoxious Oil 

Sea salt sinking in the sea

Wheke ink sneaking up on me from under a cave


I’m scared of getting eaten by a gigantic

shark

I feel like a feather in the sea

I feel like jumping through the ocean like a dolphin

I would go back in time and change the way some people treat the environment


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.